Working for us

Come and join #OurMarvellousTeams!


Chief Registrar In Medicine

ST4+

Main area
Medicine
Grade
ST4+
Contract
Fixed Term
Hours
40
Job ref
374-EBCQ-9002-A
Site
Eastbourne
Town
Cross site Eastbourne and Hastings
Salary
£30,605 - £48,123
Closing
12/03/2018 23:59

East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust provides NHS hospital and community services throughout East Sussex. We provide our services at two district general hospitals, Conquest Hospital and Eastbourne District General Hospital, community hospitals in Bexhill, Crowborough, Lewes, Rye and Uckfield and a number of clinics and health centres, GP surgeries, schools and in people’s homes. 

The Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the improving working lives of all our staff. A wide range of staff benefits are available to staff and these include: staff development, pension scheme, on-site nurseries within the acute hospitals, access to sports and social clubs, staff restaurants, on-site accommodation, staff gymnasiums, squash and tennis court plus heated outdoor swimming pool (Eastbourne only), staff lottery.

Please download the Recruitment Information Leaflet for guidance on making a successful application


 

Chief Registrar In Medicine

Cross Site -  Eastbourne &  Conquest

Candidates are invited to apply for an exciting opportunity at East Sussex Healthcare Trust NHS Trust. We are offering a 12 month fixed-term opportunity for ST4+ level candidates, to participate in an RCP pilot programme working as the Chief Registrar for Medicine. Candidates will be undertaking dual training in general internal medicine (GIM) and another specialty with experience of leading an acute unselected medical take and/ or participating in the acute medical take at ESHT.

The Chief Registrar is a healthcare leadership and management development role aimed at senior trainees nearing completion of training. The role carries responsibility for quality improvement, education and contribution to local service re-design and workforce transformation activity. As such the Chief Registrar will be a member of the Medical Director's medical leadership team and work closely with Clinical Director colleagues. They will also give a regular account of their work to the Chief Executive.

Chief Registrars are emergent leaders of the future and it is anticipated they will continue training in leadership and management after receiving their CCT, with the ultimate aim of achieving a senior leadership position including Clinical Director, Medical Director and Chief Executive.
The role is supported by an education and leadership programme delivered by the RCP. This will be a modular programme.

Participating in this programme will be classed as an Out of Programme experience (OOPE) and interested candidates will need to secure approval from their Educational Supervisor and TPD before submitting an application for the post (a letter of confirmation should be included with the application). It is envisaged that the Chief Registrar will spend 60% of their time in a clinical/ research post, and the remaining 40% of time will be protected for Chief Registrar responsibilities.

Starting date for the post is  3rd October 2018 changeover though the successful candidate may be able to start sooner if available.

Interview date - Wednesday 28th March 2018

Apprenticeships logoNo smoking policyPositive about disabled peopleImproving working lives

Applicant requirements

You must have appropriate UK professional registration.

This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.

Documents to download

To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).

Apply online now

Further details / informal visits contact

 Professor Nikhil Patel, Head of Medicine HEEKSS 01323 417400 x 5777

If you have problems applying, contact

Telephone
01323 417400 (3825)